By Best Kids Party
Thinking about what to put into children’s party bags can take a lot of time and planning. For those parents that simply don’t have much time, here are some ideas of gifts to include that boys and girls will love.
Most children have a particular theme for their party for example Princess party, Pirate party and so on. Whatever theme you choose, it is always better (but not essential) to end with a party bag gift that fits in with the party theme.
Top 5 Ideas for Boys Party Bag Fillers:
1. Toys – Small pocket money toys are great as not only do boys love them, they are fairly inexpensive too. Go for things like small racing cars, water pistols, puzzles, bouncy balls, wall crawlers, jumping beans, plastic bugs, bouncy putty, whistles and kazoos.
2. Books- Any type of book, reading, colouring, sticker, puzzle books all make wonderful party gifts. It is worth buying value packs available from large book retailers as this will work out a lot cheaper.
3. Masks- Animal masks are fun especially if you have a jungle theme. For a pirate party, items like eye patches, pirate hats, pirate hooks, fake moustaches are great to use.
4. Stationery – Pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners and note books come in lots of boys themes and designs. A packet of felt tips, crayons and colouring pencils can all be purchased in small sizes ideal to fit into party bags.
5. T-shirts- Whether they are plain, personalised or printed, a t-shirt is a great gift that each child can make good use of. Boys can even decorate their own as part of the party entertainment.
Top 5 Ideas for Girls Party Bag Fillers:
1. Jewellery and hair accessories- Girls love necklaces, bracelets and hair accessories and there are many different styles available in lovely girly themes.
2. Bags and Purses- You can buy small handbags and purses which you can either put into party bags or use as an alternative to a party bag. You can fill them some sweets, bubbles, balloons if you wish to add an extra treat.
3. Stationery – Most girls love pencils with eraser toppers, novelty pens, notebooks, mini stamps, stickers, felt tips, colouring pencils, all of which can easily fit into a party bag.
4. Tattoo Transfers- Girls love them! Easy to apply and remove and they are available in many themes such as Princess, Butterfly and Fairy.
5. Craft Items- Girls love making things, so how about getting them to decorate things at the party such as a photo frame, pencil case, trinket box or flower pot.
Just pop their creations into a paper party bag and add some sweets and a piece of cake.
Apart from the toys and gifts, children often expect a sweet treat too!
For younger children you might get away with substituting sweets with raisins or dried fruit snacks.
For older kids, instead of sweets you could add a cake pop, cupcake or a cookie. This way you needn’t worry about giving a slice of cake which tends to get a bit squashed wrapped in a paper napkin.
If you really don’t have enough time to put your party bags together, then take a look at our pre-filled party bags and let us do all the hard work for you!
Find Best Kids Party in our Directory:
Other Articles by Best Kids Party:
Would you like to write an article for morethanmummies.com?
Click here to find out more
If you like this post please share, like or tweet