Finally a breakthrough in learning to Read
with Reading Eggs
Reading Eggs is a revolutionary product from Australian educational publisher Blake Publishing designed to get children reading by combining the best elements online and book learning in one easy to use process. The program has been running in Australia for 3 years and due to its huge success it has now been adapted for the UK market, specifically incorporating synthetic phonics.
The importance of synthetic phonics
- Synthetic phonics is a method of teaching reading which first teaches the letter sounds and then builds up to blending these sounds together to achieve full pronunciation of whole words e.g. “s-t-r-ee-t”
- Children who learn using synthetic phonics are able to try new words working from sound alone without needing prior knowledge of families of words
- Research has shown that children learning to read using synthetic phonics have developed skills and progressed to a higher level faster than those without
- The use of synthetic phonics in teaching has been supported by the British government and has not only been added to the national curriculum but a funding scheme has also been developed where schools can claim up to £3,000 for an effective phonics program
Where Reading Eggs came from …
For two years a team of Australian educators, programmers and animators worked to turn learning the basics of reading into a fun journey through a highly interactive digital world that engages children on many levels.
Full of educationally sound, fun and interactive activities, Reading Eggs focuses on the most fundamental skill needed in school: reading. Children from 3 to7 years of age or older children struggling with reading will enjoy the huge variety of reading lessons, activities and games that make up the Reading Eggs program. Sara Leman, Blake Publishing’s literacy expert says “Parents are often keen to get involved in their child’s learning but can find it difficult to know how to help. Reading Eggs is designed to reward children for their efforts to thereby maintaining the motivation to learn. It also allows children to learn at their own pace in a safe, familiar environment. The games are great fun and children love the stickers and e-toys they collect as their learning progresses. There’s never been anything quite like it.”
“The trick is to make the necessary repetition fun, so it’s driven by the child who wants to learn. Parental involvement is also important. Family support is a crucial factor in helping young children to become fluent readers.”
What parents and teachers think about Reading Eggs
The testimonial page on the Reading Eggs website is full of parents, teachers and carers who have seen first hand the affect the program has had on their children’s reading ability. Parents such as Arthur who commented:
“Reading Eggs is incredible!! My Daughter can’t get enough of the activities, she enjoys them so much. We had to turn the computer off because she was getting tired. In just THREE days she started reading the most basic of words. Thank you so much Reading Eggs.”
Over 500,000 children across the world have already had the Reading Eggs experience. The program focuses on the importance of phonics and basic reading skills and is already being used by many teachers who incorporated the program into their daily lesson.
Using the code UKM22MTM you can trial the site for an extended period and see for yourself what the program entails and why it has been so successful, simply visit www.readingeggs.co.uk. You too can be one of the 90% of parents who reported a noticeable improvement skills after using the program.
To Redeem this special offer
1) Visit www.readingeggs.co.uk
2) Click the register icon to set up your account OR log into your existing account using your username and password.
3) Once you have activated your account click on “Add child” and enter your special More than Mummies access code: UKM22MTM in the allocated white box.
If you are an existing user, click on Redeem Access Code to claim your extended access.
4) Click on “Start Reading”, located under your child avatar to commence with the lessons
Registration is quick, easy and FREE!
This special offer of an extended trial period expires on the 31st October 2011
See our competitions page to win a years subscription to Reading Eggs!
If you like this post please share, like or tweet