Tutorial by: Titi Aifuobhokhan
Charm Pack – 1 charm pack makes 21 coasters
Rotary cutter and mat
Sewing machine or needle and thread
All seams are ¼” unless otherwise stated.
1) Arrange the fabrics in twos carefully sorting between light and dark fabrics or whatever combination you like.
2) Cut out the wadding into 4½” squares. For a whole charm pack, 21 squares are required.
3) Pick up the fabrics in twos and put right sides together. Lay the wadding on top of it.
4) Sew round the edges and leave an opening to turn the work right side out. Do this for the remaining 20 pairs of fabric. Pins represent opening left for turning.
5) Trim the corners so it looks like the picture below and turn all 21 pieces right side out making sure to push out the corners to get a peak.
6) Top stitch round the edge of each coaster. This will seal the opening.
7) Quilt as desired.
Your coaster is ready to be used or given as presents.
Instead of using the same fabric family for the back of the coasters, use a different contrasting fabric cut to the same 5″ size so 1 charm pack and about half a metre of fabric will make 42 coasters.
Put between 4 to 6 coasters in a bunch and tie with a ribbon.
Written by Titi Aifuobhokhan www.patchandmixcrafts.com
I am mum of one. I was made redundant afew years ago and decided to follow my dreams to learn how to sew. I learnt to sew and quilt and started a business selling fabric and making custom quilts. I also bake birthday cakes and am a committee member of the guild of machine knitters.
My goal is to empower others to try their hands at crafts. My motto is: It’s easy once you know how! I run a quilt/craft club in Swanley which has become very popular. I am always available to help either on my website or at the end of a phone.
Find Patch and Mix Crafts on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Patch-and-Mix-Crafts/224733957564868
Follow them on Twitter: http://twitter.com/patchandmix
and find them in our directory: www.morethanmummies.com/directory/patch-and-mix-crafts
Join Patch and Mix Crafts in their fantastic ‘Quilt Along’ www.patchandmixcrafts.com/HQC-Quilt-Along.html
Click to see more tutorials on morethanmummies.com
Would you like to write an article for morethanmummies.com? Click here to find out more
If you like this post please share, like or tweet