We a little behind schedule writing this but it’s been an extremely busy start to 2012 for More Than Mummies with many new businesses added to our High Street directory, new competitions and new articles to our features section.
Anyway a Happy New Year to all! We hope 2012 has got off to a really good start for you and hope it’s a happy and successful one too!
Here’s a little update on what we added to the site in December.
We added some great new articles in December from both regular and new contributors
We’d love to add some more articles on a variety of topics, here are some suggestions:
- Your experience as a mum running her own business or advice and guidance for other mums thinking about setting up their own business.
- Proffessional advice for business mums, accounts, tax, legalities, HR, promotion, marketing, health and safety, etc.
- Your predictions for 2012; what will be popular fashion wise, make-up trends; party trends; wedding trends; etc!
- We’d also love more recipes and tutorials. Especially recipes that are quick and healthy and help out busy mums!
- We’d also love to add some creative articles to our website, story sample, poems, cartoons etc.
If you are interested in writing an article for morethanmummies.com Click here to find out more
Valentines Day – Share your tips for a special Valentines
As part of More Than Mummies we aim to come up with novel ways to help you promote your business(or blog), that’s why we run the free monthly themed showcases and encourage
articles for our website, although we know not everyone has time to sit down and write an article and this month’s showcase theme may not be suitable for your product or skills.
Before Christmas we tried a little collaborative post Helpful Christmas Tips where you could submit a tip to make Christmas a little easier, more fun or less stressful and also include a link to your website, business Facebook page or blog. These tips proved really popular both with those submitting tips and also the audience of readers so this is something we’re thinking of doing this a little more often. Fun themes where you only need to send us a paragraph or even a sentence and you get to include your link. Of course if you want to send us something and you don’t have a business to promote that’s absolutely fine, we can even add them anonymously if you prefer.
These collaborative posts are aimed at being informative, helpful or even light hearted and entertaining! The one we’d like to try next is aimed at Valentine’s Day as it’s the next little celebration, and it’s for tips or suggestions on romantic gestures that cost little or no money but can make a big impact. These can be things someone has done for you or you for them, or something you wish your other half would do for you, like bring you a glass of wine while your sat in the bath after a very long day (*hint, hint* J) or make you dinner or even just a lovely
We’ll start to add these to the site as soon as we get them with a cut off being Valentine’s Day itself and if you’d like to take part please email email@example.com
· your tip/suggestion – could be a sentence or a paragraph
· your name – how you would like it to be published, ie full name or first name, county, business name, etc.
· you can also include a link to your business website or Facebook/Twitter page, blog to help promote your business (you don’t have to and if you like it can even be anonymous)
Our January Showcase, is Sales and Offers. For more details and how to submit an item please see the bottom of the showcase page.
We currently have one giveaway on our website Win a Neal’s Yard Frankincense Face & Body Skincare Collection! which closes on the 4th February 2012.
We also announced a voting competition for Valentine’s Cards made by mums, this will be the first time we have run a voting competition on the website and we hope it is popular and successful in showing off your creations! For all details please see Valentines Card Voting Competition entries must be submitted by the 20th January and there is some fab promotion and goodies as prizes for the winner.
If it’s popular we’ll run more of this type of competition in the future and if you have any suggestions as to the next item we should feature leave us a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would also like to give a big mention to our January Newsletter www.skinorganics.org.uk !
For details of ways to advertise with More Than Mummies see our Advertise Page