Submission period for entries now closed please see vote for your favourite.
Our Wedding Cake competition was another brilliant voting competition, the entries were of the highest standard and the thought, effort and skill that had gone in to the creations was incredible. The competition was extremely popular and the it was so close between first and second through out the contest with Marie’s Bird Cage Cake snatching the lead on the last day!
We are extremely pleased to say that our wedding cake competition received well over 12,000 pageviews which gave all the entrants a wonderful opportunity to show off their creations and in turn promote themselves and their business.
You also had the opportunity to help decide what our next voting competition would be and the most popular choice was photography. So with that in mind we are pleased to announce our next voting competition is for photographs themed ‘Quintessentially British’. We thought this would tie in really well with the Queen’s Jubilee and the London Olympics and give some cheer to the miserable weather we’ve been having!
The category is very broad and is open to your interpretation but some suggestions from us include:
- The British Countryside/Scenery
- English Tea Party
- British Cuisine
- The Weather!
- Historical Interest
This will hopefully be another fantastic opportuntity to get your work seen and increase awareness of your business or talents.
Please note, this competition is aimed at photographers and therefore we don’t want to include photos of products.
The photograph must be made by the entrant.
There will be a maximum of 40 entries, and these will be on a first come first served basis, once we have the maximum number or the submission period is closed we will not be able to accept any more entries. When we are no longer accepting entries it will be advertised on this page.
The competition is FREE to enter.
The competition is for Photographs taken by mums. There is only one photo permitted per entrant.
The competition is open to UK entrants only and it can be something you do professionally or as a hobby.
If you would like to submit an entry, simply fill in the form below and upload your photograph.
The submission period for entries ends at Midnight on the 13th May 2012 (You will receive an email when the submission period has ended reminding you of the time voting begins.)
You can upload photographs in .jpg, .gif, and .png. format. There is an upload limit of 2MB
It is perfectly acceptable for the image to be watermarked or have your copyright logo displayed.
If the photograph includes a person or persons, you must have their permission that the photo can be included in our comeptition.
The voting period will be from 9am, 14th May – Midnight, 3rd June2012. And any voters have one voting opportunity throughout the contest. Voting will be done via email entries.
The winner will be the photo that receives the most votes and will be announced on 4th June 2012.
The prize for the cake maker who receives the most votes will be:
Lots of fab promotion including:
An interview feature on our website also appearing in our newsletter, this can be either to promote you as a business or show off your talents if it as a hobby and we will liaise with the winner about the feature. (The winner will not have to have to be featured if they do not wish to.) This will feature on our home page as well as the features page and will be promoted via our social media pages.
Promotional ‘shout out’ from us on our Facebook pages and on our Twitter page.
A year’s free Enhanced Listing in our directory.
A free logo advert on our newsletter for 2 months.
A free logo advert on our blog for 2 months.
And…as a little extra we will also send you a little More Than Mummies goody bag.
A Great Way to Promote your Business
We will be promoting the voting stage of the competition regularly so it could be a great way to get your items seen! We also include a link to your website or social media page, so even if you don’t win, you may get some new interest in your business. The competition is FREE to enter and we hope you will have fun taking part.
Very best of luck to all who enter! x
Any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
To enter simply fill in the form below and upload your photo.
Submission period now closed
You will receive an email confirming your entry. (If you do not receive an email by the time voting is due to begin please email us in case we haven’t received your entry.)
The voting part of the competition will take place in a seperate post on our Competitions Page which will be visible from 9am on the 14th May. Unlike our Valentines Voting competition, votes will be made by email and the standings updated daily.
Full terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to UK residents only
2. Entry to the competition is by completing and submitting the above contact form.
3. The competition is free to enter.
4. Entries must be submitted by no later than midnight on the 13th May 2012. Entries received after this time will not be entered in our competition.
5. The prizes will be as stated. The prizes cannot be transferred and there is no cash alternative.
6. There will be only one winner and the winner will be the photo that receives the most votes at the close of the voting. Entrants will be notified when the voting period begins. The voting period will be from from 9am, 14th May – Midnight, 3rd June 2012.
7. The winner will be notified within 14 days of the close of the competition by email (usually the following day), as per the contact details provided in their entry. Please make sure the email address provided is correct. After being contacted by email the winner will have 30 days to claim their prize. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
8. More Than MummiesLtd reserves the right to cancel the competition or any of these rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control
10. If you wish to be removed from the competition please email us a.s.a.p. – email@example.com .
11. If at any time during the competition we find out or are informed that you are claiming someone else’s work as your own, then you could be disqualified.
12. Any individuals depicted in the photograph must have given their consent for the photograph to be entered in this competition. If they inform us that consent has not been given the photograph may be removed from the competition.
If you would like to sponsor this competition please see Ways to advertise with More Than Mummies for more details. Your banner would placed at the top of the voting page and could be seen by thousands of visitors.