Ends 26th August 2012.
More Than Mummies are delighted to giveaway a copy of ‘Journal of A Student Midwife’ signed by the Author Ellie Ryan, published by Book Guild Publishing.
Candid diary documenting the reality of being a student midwife
Ever since she had her own children in her early twenties, Ellie Ryan was determined to become a midwife – ‘the best job in the world’! After her children started school, Ellie began the demanding training she needed to achieve her ambition.
Ellie kept a blog-style journal throughout her training; the result combines laughter and friendship with poignant reminders that life is never as simple as we would like it to be. There are high points as Ellie takes steps towards reaching her goal; gaining confidence in her profession and helping women bring their babies into the world. On the other hand, Ellie worries that she will never have what it takes to become ‘a proper midwife’ and feels terrible guilt about the detrimental effect her pursuit of this career could be having on her family. This real-life story provides an intimate and candid account of the author’s journey towards becoming a midwife and the struggle to balance her professional and family life.
After being made redundant from her job in a call-centre, Ellie Ryan decided she would return to college to train as a nurse. After working as a nurse for a year she returned to university in order to achieve her dream of becoming a midwife. Ellie is now a practising midwife.
Find Journal of a Student Midwife on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Journal-of-a-Student-Midwife/280336915354235
To enter this giveaway simply complete the form below.
Giveaway now closed
Full terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to all our readers UK and international.
2. Entry to the competition is by completing and submitting the above contact form.
3. The competition is free to enter.
4. Entries must be submitted by no later than Midnight on the 26th August 2012. Entries received after this time will not be entered in our competition.
5. The prizes will be as stated. The prizes cannot be transferred and there is no cash alternative. The prize includes P&P
6. There will be only one winner and the winner will be selected at random.
7. The winners will be notified within 14 days of the close of the competition by email, as per the contact details provided in their entry. Please make sure the email address provided is correct. After being contacted by email the winner will have 30 days to claim their prize. If no claim is received then another winner will be selected at random. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
8. More Than MummiesLtd reserves the right to cancel the competition or any of these rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control
If you would like to advertise a competition you are running on our website please see www.morethanmummies.com/advertise for more details.
If you like this post please share, like or tweet